- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk or sour milk*
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Combine
flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately with
buttermilk to butter mixture, beating just until smooth. Pour batter
into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35
minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool
10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost
with CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING. 8 to 10 servings.
* To sour milk: Use 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 1-1/2 cups.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa, stirring constantly
until smooth.(Mixture will be very thick.) Remove from heat; pour into
medium bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add powdered sugar alternately with milk and vanilla, beating to spreading consistency. About 2 cups frosting.
Warning this is not mine...I saved it for my future home baking...and if you are interested kindly clickthe link :http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-search.aspx?cid=13&urlCakes-Frostings.aspx