- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2 cups (1 pt.)cold whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream
- HEATH BITS' O BRICKLE Toffee Bits or HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before
serving. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, topped with toffee bits
or chocolate pieces. 8 servings.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE: Spoon mousse into 6 or 9-oz. packaged graham cracker crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours. Garnish with cherry pie filling, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator. 8 servings.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TORTE: Use frozen pound cake (10-3/4-oz pkg.), thawed. Cut horizontally to make 3 or 4 layers. Place bottom layer on serving plate. Spread with mousse. Repeat layering. Cover top and sides of torte. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate covered in refrigerator. 8 servings.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PASTRY PUFFS: Use 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen puff pastry shells (6 shells per pkg.). Bake as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack. Spoon mousse into pastry shells. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and toffee. Refrigerate about 2 hours. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream HEATH Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits or HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates.