- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Decorating sugars, sprinkles or candied cherries(optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy
in large bowl. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to
butter mixture, beating until well blended.
Fill cookie press with dough. Press dough onto cool, ungreased cookie
sheet. Garnish with sugars, sprinkles or cherries, if desired.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or just until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
VARIATION: CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHOCOLATE SPRITZ COOKIES: Prepare dough as directed
above. Press dough onto cool, ungreased cookie sheet with ribbon plate in cookie press. Bake
and cool as directed. Melt 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips with 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine,
spread or oil). Gently dip part of each cookie into chocolate. Place on wax paper-covered tray.
Refrigerate until firm.
Warning this is not mine...I saved it for my future home baking...and if you are interested kindly clickthe link : http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-search.aspx?oid=162&url=Iconic-Recipe.aspx