- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING (recipe follows)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Powdered sugar
- HERSHEY'S Syrup
- Prepare CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING. Chill 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; generously grease foil.
Beat egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/2
cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks
and vanilla in medium bowl on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes.
Gradually add remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar; continue beating 2
- Stir together
flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg yolk
mixture alternately with water, beating on low speed just until batter
is smooth. Gradually fold chocolate mixture into beaten egg whites
until well blended. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in
center. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert onto clean
towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off foil.
Immediately roll cake and towel together starting from narrow end; place
on wire rack to cool completely.
Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Gently stir filling until of
spreading consistency. Spread cake with filling; reroll cake.
Refrigerate several hours. Sift powdered sugar over top just before
serving. Serve drizzled with syrup and garnished as desired. Cover;
refrigerate leftover cake roll. 8 to 10 servings.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup milk
1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
Stir together sugar and gelatin in small saucepan; stir in milk. Let
stand 2 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted. Stir in vanilla; cool to room temperature.
Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff. Gradually add chocolate
mixture, folding gently just until blended. Cover; refrigerate until
ready to use. About 3 cups filling.
* Cake may be prepared up to two days in advance. Keep cake rolled tightly and covered well so that it doesn't get dry.
Warning this is not mine...I saved it for my future home baking...and if you are interested kindly clickthe link : http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-search.aspx?cid=13&urlCakes-Frostings.aspx