IngredientsFor the stuffing
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
3 cups yellow lentils, cooked
For the dough
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 chilled water
Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk)
Yogurt for brushing
Sesame or black seed for garnishing
Herbed tomato salsa for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add spring onion, stir for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add spinach, tomato and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add lentils, stirring until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the stuffing aside and prepare the dough.
For the dough
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees.
- Mix flour and salt using an electric mixer on low speed, add vinegar.
- Add water gradually, knead on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Roll on a lightly flour- dusted surface to a ½ cm thickness, cut into circles (7cm in diameter) using a ring.
- Brush with egg wash. Put a small amount of the stuffing in the centre of each circle and fold one side over the filling, pinch the edges slightly with a fork tip to seal.
- Arrange on a baking tin, brush with yogurt and sprinkle sesame or black seed on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the Borek warm with the salsa on the side.
Warning this is not mine...I saved it for my future home baking...and if you are interested kindly click the link:http://www.chefosama.com/RecipesDetails.php?id=297