Coffee Butter Buns (Papparotti)
IngredientsFor the coffee butter
1 Cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
3 Eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 2/3 All-purpose flour
For the dough
3 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 Tablespoon milk powder
1/3 Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
2/3 Tablespoon yeast
1 Egg, beaten
1 1/8 Cup water
1/4 Cup butter,room temperature
MethodFor the coffee butter
- Cream butter with sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggs. Add coffee, while beating constantly.
- Sift the flour, add gradually, continue beating until well combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
For the dough
- Mix flour, milk powder, sugar and salt using an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add yeast, eggs and water. Knead on medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Add butter, kneading for 5 more minutes until soft, elastic dough is formed.
- Shape into a ball, divide into equal portions (around 55 gm.each ) ,shape into balls. Cover and rest for 10minutes.
- Poke the ball in the middle, fill it with a 10 gm butter pieces. Mold dough over filling and press seams to seal. Roll into balls.
- Arrange stuffed balls on a baking tray, cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius degrees.
Warning this is not mine...I saved it for my future home baking...and if you are interested kindly click the link: http://www.chefosama.com/RecipesDetails.php?id=302