Yummy! a turkish dish which I save it for myself for my future dish for the coming Ramadhan. This was reblogged from this Link :
What we need:
1 glass of red lentils
1 glass of fine bulgur wheat
5-6 spring onions
1 medium onions
1 tbsp of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of spicy red pepper paste ( optional)
A bunch of parsley
3-4 glasses of water
What we have to do:
1. Boil the red lentils with 3 or 4 glasses of water until they get very soft.
2. Add a glass of bulgur to the lentil mixture. Remove from the heat. Mix it and let it cool down until you can hold it in your hands. Taste it and if the bulgur inside the mixture is not soft enough, add half or a glass of hot water to soak it up.
3. Chop the onions, spring onions finely and put them into lentil and bulgur mix, add tomato and pepper paste, mix it well.
4. Add some salt, black pepper, chopped parsley and mint. Then add lemon juice and some olive oil ( about 2-3 tbsp). It should not be too dry or too wet.
5. Make some balls or köfte with it and put them over little lettuce on a plate.
7. Cool it down for an hour or so before you eat it! Enjoy!!!