Sunday, July 1, 2012
A kind of pea and potato samosas
I always love this Sambosa. I find it different from my own style so I decided to rebolg this from a respected Blogger. Pliz click her Link if You want to find for more yummy dishes :) http://surfingtheworldcuisine.blogspot.com/2010/10/kind-of-pea-and-potato-samosas.html
What we need:
3 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
60g chopped onion
1 tsp finely chopped or grated ginger
60g frozen peas
1tbsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp red chilli pepper powder
1/2 -¾ tsp garam masala
about 100ml water
600gr boiled and crushed potatoes
4 tbsp chopper coriander or parsley
butter to brush the dough
2 tbsp sesame seeds ( optional, you can also use poppy seeds)
What we have to do:
1. To make the filling, preheat some oil in a pan and when it's hot, add your mustard seeds for 10 seconds, then add ginger and onion. Let them fry for about 1 minute.
2. Now add the peas into a pan together with the spices and a good splash of water. Cook until peas are soft.
3. Add your crushed potatoes, stir it well and finally add your parsley or coriander. Stir and let it cool until you make your samosas.
4. To make samosas, brush your phylo dough with melted butter, cut it into stripes and add a teaspoon of filling on each stripe and fold it several times to shape triangles. All the corners should be closed.
5. Preheat the oven 180C and then brush samosas with butter again and sprinkle with some sesame seeds if you like. Let it bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm! Enjoy!
Posted by May Millefuille at 11:07 PM