Ingredients11/2 cups milk
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
11/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 egg yolk
Method- In sauce pan put 11/4 cup milk, add sugar and vanilla, stir until completely dissolved.
- Let it come to a boil, lower the heat.
- Dissolve the starch in the remaining milk.
- Gradually add the starch mixture to the milk mixture with frequent stirring until come to a boil again.
- Lower the heat and leave till fully cooked and thickened.
- Set the mixture aside, then whisk the yolk and add it to the milk, stir until well combined.
- Leave the custard to cool, cover with a parchment paper directly touching the surface of the custard to avoid forming a crust.
- Custard is used as a pie filling, and could be thickened more to be cut and rolled on flour and fried in butter.
This delicious recipe was reblogged from : http://www.chefosama.com/RecipesDetails.php?id=175#.T-wvx67FBAQ